Generic Name and Formulations:
Aminobenzoate potassium 500mg; caps.
Indications for POTABA:
Peyronie's disease (possibly effective).
12g daily in 4–6 divided doses.
1g daily in divided doses for each 10lbs of body weight.
Interrupt therapy if anorexia or nausea occur. Renal disease. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Anorexia, nausea, fever, rash.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Improving the Care of Aging Adults Living With HIV
- Infection Prevention Differs Between Small, Large Hospitals
- International Antiviral Society-USA Updates Recommendations for HIV Treatment and Prevention
- Previous Missed Appointments Predict Likelihood of Trend in Patients With HIV
- FDA Warns Against Long-Term Azithromycin Use for Some
- Identifying the Source of C difficile in Hospitalized Patients
- Antibiotics Often Unnecessary for Sacral Pressure Ulcers Complicated by Osteomyelitis
- Sensitivity and Specificity of 7 Treponemal Tests for Syphilis Diagnosis
- Automated EHR Algorithm More Effective Than Nurse-Driven Protocol for HCV, HIV Screening
- A Pan-Tuberculosis Regimen: The Debate Continues
- HCV Eradication in HIV/HCV-Coinfection Decreases Immune Activation
- Tolerability of Switching to Long-acting Cabotegravir Plus Rilpivirine From Current HIV-1 Regimen
- Time to Blood Culture Positivity Predictive of Mortality in S Aureus Infective Endocarditis
- C difficile Tied to Increased Graft Loss in Solid Organ Recipients
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd