Dr C was determined to fight this case, and his defense attorney was supportive after looking at the detailed notes and documented calls to the patient which were never returned.
By 2030, robots will likely replace 800 million workers. Will physicians make the cut?
Dreamers have expressed lower self-esteem and higher rates of chronic disease after the repeal of DACA.
Data show that there is a significant difference in how black patients are treated compared with patients of other races.
Standard pen needles have an outer cover and removable inner needle cover, while safety pen needles have an outer cover and a fixed inner needle shield that is not removed before an injection.
Use of medical scribes is associated with decreased physician documentation burden, improved work efficiency, and improved patient interactions,
The American Heart Association has updated their disaster resources page with the latest tips to keep in mind when counseling patients ahead of a natural disaster.
Considerable savings estimated with use of generic substitutes for brand-name combo medications.
Retrospective review of clinician documentation in the EHR can help identify diagnostic uncertainty with moderate reliability.
Small and large hospitals differ in infection preventionist (IP) staffing and infection prevention and control resources.
The FDA has the ability within its governing laws to reveal to the public the reasons for its decisions to reject or approve drugs.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Isavuconazole Not Noninferior to Caspofungin for Invasive Candida Infections
- Dundee Severity Classification Improves Management of Patients With Cellulitis
- Three New Ebola Vaccines Demonstrate Persistent Immune Response
- Pregnant Women Commonly Refuse Vaccines
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Death From Brain-Eating Amoeba
- Prenatal Malaria Exposure Modulates Innate Immune Responses at Birth
- Best Approach to Reduce Surgical Site Infections Before Colorectal Surgery
- A Single Triple-Drug Treatment for Lymphatic Filariasis
- Cyclosporiasis Cases Markedly Higher in 2018 Than Previous 2 Years
- Mail-Based HPV Testing May Increase Access