Daily prophylaxis with TMP-SMX was not associated with change in risk for skin and soft tissue or sino-pulmonary infections, or pharyngitis in children.
The burden of childhood and infant pneumonia can be effectively reduced through the use of the pneumococcal Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine.
US Food and Drug Administration approval of the Gardasil 9 HPV vaccine has been expanded to include people ages 27 through 45.
For women at high risk for recurrence, increasing water intake can prevent recurrence.
Pneumococcal vaccination rates in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus improved significantly after the implementation of a multifaceted intervention at a rheumatology practice.
A high level of population-wide immunity at the time the oral polio vaccine 2 was withdrawn has helped to enhance the disappearance of Sabin-2 vaccine poliovirus.
A 9-point risk assessment (IVAT) identified persons with a history of injection drug use (IDU) safe for discharge and reduced the mean length of hospital stay (ALOS) by 20 days and total direct cost by 33%.
From 2008 to 2015, both cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grades 2, 3 and adenocarcinoma in situ rates and cervical cancer screening declined in women age 18 to 24 years.
High population immunity is an indicator of the decline in serotype 2 Sabin vaccine poliovirus after serotype 2 oral poliovirus vaccine withdrawal.
The incidence of Neisseria meningitidis serogroup W incidence has been increasing in Georgia since 2006.
At least one respiratory virus detected in 10 percent of surface samples at major airport during flu season.
Suppressing cytomegalovirus may improve the immune response to a T cell-dependent pneumococcal vaccination in patients experiencing ANCA-associated vasculitis.
Proportion of teens up to date with HPV vaccines also increasing; reached 48.6 percent in 2017.
No association was observed between prenatal vaccination of Tdap vaccination and an increased risk of autism spectrum disorder risk in children.
Passengers and crew on four Southwest Airlines flights within Texas in late August are being notified that they may have been exposed to measles.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- The Misuse of Antibiotics in Acute Pancreatitis Appears Widespread
- ART Reduces Neurocognitive Impairment in Patients Living With HIV
- Tackling the Challenges Associated With Treating Hepatitis C Infection in Pediatric Patients
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Severity of Acute Respiratory Infections in Children Affected by Viral Etiology
- Antibiotic Prophylaxis Before Dental Procedures May Be Unnecessary
- Penicillin Allergies: Commonly Reported but Rarely Accurate
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatments
- Oral Ciprofloxacin Effective in Treatment for Bacteremia
- Need for Adequate Screening for Infants With HCV Infected Mothers During Pregnancy
- Patient Develops Glandular Tularemia After Taking Care of Sick Cat
- Internet-Based Intervention Can Reduce Depression in People Living With HIV
- Prophylaxis With TMP-SMX Did Not Alter Risk for Non-UTI Infections
- Low Recurrence With Shortened IV Abx Course in GBS Bacteremia
- Renal-Replacement Timing Has No Effect in Kidney Injury, Sepsis