Generic Name and Formulations:
Edaravone 30mg/100mL; soln for IV infusion; contain sulfites.
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America
Indications for RADICAVA:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
Give as IV infusion over 60mins. Initial cycle: 60mg (given as two consecutive 30mg infusions) daily for 14 days, followed by 14 days off. Subsequent cycles: 60mg daily for 10 days out of 14-day periods, followed by 14 days off.
Monitor for hypersensitivity reactions; discontinue and treat if occur. Asthma. Sulfite sensitivity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Free radical scavenger.
Confusion, gait disturbance, headache, dermatitis, eczema, respiratory failure/disorders, hypoxia, glycosuria, tinea infection; hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylaxis.
Single-dose bags—1, 2
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Improving the Care of Aging Adults Living With HIV
- Infection Prevention Differs Between Small, Large Hospitals
- International Antiviral Society-USA Updates Recommendations for HIV Treatment and Prevention
- Previous Missed Appointments Predict Likelihood of Trend in Patients With HIV
- FDA Warns Against Long-Term Azithromycin Use for Some
- Identifying the Source of C difficile in Hospitalized Patients
- Antibiotics Often Unnecessary for Sacral Pressure Ulcers Complicated by Osteomyelitis
- Sensitivity and Specificity of 7 Treponemal Tests for Syphilis Diagnosis
- Automated EHR Algorithm More Effective Than Nurse-Driven Protocol for HCV, HIV Screening
- A Pan-Tuberculosis Regimen: The Debate Continues
- HCV Eradication in HIV/HCV-Coinfection Decreases Immune Activation
- Tolerability of Switching to Long-acting Cabotegravir Plus Rilpivirine From Current HIV-1 Regimen
- Time to Blood Culture Positivity Predictive of Mortality in S Aureus Infective Endocarditis
- C difficile Tied to Increased Graft Loss in Solid Organ Recipients
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd