The California wildfires are on just about everyone's mind. If you practice near the affected areas or in another location prone to wildfires, take into consideration these wildfire respiratory protection instructions.
Stratifying tuberculosis patients by disease severity may enable shorter treatment regimens.
When compared to placebo, homeopathic medicines do not provide any additional benefit to children with acute respiratory tract infections.
Seven deaths, at least six of which were of children, have been associated with a current outbreak of infections with adenovirus serotype 7 at a New Jersey facility.
Limited evidence is available for OTC treatments for nasal symptoms of the common cold.
Viral etiology plays a significant role in symptom severity in children with acute respiratory infections, and associated with an enhanced risk for acquiring subsequent acute respiratory infections.
These findings may highlight physician difficulty explaining to patients why antibiotics are not required.
Higher minimum inhibitory concentration values of isoniazid or rifampin are associated with a greater risk of relapse in drug-susceptible tuberculosis than lower MICs.
Serum antibodies against the pre-fusion respiratory syncytial virus fusion protein (pre-F) may be a correlate of protection against RSV acute respiratory infection.
A study recently published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy shows the clinical benefits of early target attainment of azithromycin therapy when treating children with lower respiratory tract infections.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Isavuconazole Not Noninferior to Caspofungin for Invasive Candida Infections
- Three New Ebola Vaccines Demonstrate Persistent Immune Response
- Dundee Severity Classification Improves Management of Patients With Cellulitis
- Pregnant Women Commonly Refuse Vaccines
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Death From Brain-Eating Amoeba
- Prenatal Malaria Exposure Modulates Innate Immune Responses at Birth
- Best Approach to Reduce Surgical Site Infections Before Colorectal Surgery
- A Single Triple-Drug Treatment for Lymphatic Filariasis
- Cyclosporiasis Cases Markedly Higher in 2018 Than Previous 2 Years
- Mail-Based HPV Testing May Increase Access