Most Recent Articles by Rita Aghjayan
A short course of oral steroids was not found to significantly improve otitis media with effusion in children.
For adolescents and young adults, the co-administration of quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine with incorporated tetanus toxoid with diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis vaccine is noninferior to isolated vaccination and does not compromise immunity.
From 2007 to 2015, the majority of initial hepatitis A, B, and A/B vaccinations were administered by primary care providers.
The CDC recommends 2 doses of the MMR vaccine, which provides 97% protection against measles, prior to international travel.
In a phase 3 clinical trial, early vaccination effectively prevented herpes zoster in auto-HSCT recipients.
More Articles by Rita Aghjayan
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Novel H pylori Eradication Therapy Effective in Phase 3 Trial
- Polymyxin B Hemoperfusion Does Not Change Mortality Rate in Septic Shock
- New Four Drug Regimen Effective in Patients With HCV Who Inject Drugs
- Pediatric ART Leads to Increasing Mitochondrial DNA Mutations
- Prior Influenza Vaccination Not Associated With Future Vaccine Efficacy in Children