Most Recent Articles by Roxanne Nelson, BSN, RN
Early findings show that the P27A candidate vaccine for malaria prevention appeared to be safe and induced a strong immunogenic response with parasite growth inhibitory capacity.
Ceftazidime/avibactam could be a suitable alternative to carbapenem-based regimens for certain serious Gram-negative infections.
Investigators postulate nonreactive differentiation assay can provide sufficient evidence in low-risk pregnant women to justify deferring unnecessary intrapartum interventions.
Quick Sequential Organ Failure Assessment Score Effectively Identifies Patients With High Mortality RiskJul 10, 2018
qSOFA score can identify patients with suspected infection, who are at a higher risk for excess hospital mortality.
Specific resistance-associated substitutions may occur after DAA treatment failure.
More Articles by Roxanne Nelson, BSN, RN
Raltegravir Plus Abacavir/Lamivudine: Effective HIV-1 Switch Therapy in Virologically Suppressed PatientsJul 01,2018
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Clinicians Warn That Zika Virus May Still Be an Area of Concern for Travelers
- Inappropriate Prescribing of Antibiotics High in Urgent Care Centers
- Fixed-Dose Bictegravir Regimen: A Safe Alternative in Adults With HIV-1
- Point-Counterpoint: Should We Implement Needle Exchange Programs for the Prevention of Hepatitis C Virus?
- FDA: Vibrio parahaemolyticus Illnesses Tied to Fresh Crab Meat From Venezuela
- Universal Purchase Programs in the United States May Not Effectively Increase Vaccination Rates
- Tick-Caused Meat Allergy on the Rise in the United States
- Prognostic Biomarkers to Guide Antibiotic Therapy in Critically Ill Patients
- Sofosbuvir/Velpatavir Effective for HCV-Infected Liver Transplant Recipients
- Should Metronidazole Be Recommended for Mild Clostridium difficile Infections?
- Same-Day ART Initiation in HIV+ Pregnant Women Does Not Worsen Outcomes
- Novel Nanodiagnostic Panel May Reduce Empiric Antifungal Use in High-Risk Candidemia
- Antimicrobial Lock Solutions Are Cost-Effective for Preventing Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections
- Predictors of Influenza Vaccine Acceptance in Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Pegylated Interferon, Ribavirin May Improve LV Diastolic Dysfunction in Chronic Hepatitis C