Most Recent Articles by Sara Gianella Weibel, MD
Dr Gianella Weibel talks with Dr El-Bassel about factors that affect HIV health disparities in the United States and how couple-based HIV interventions can be implemented to address these inequalities.
Dr Gianella Weibel talks with Dr Li and Dr Dubé, investigators of a new study from the AIDS Clinical Trials Group, which uses an intensively monitored antiretroviral pause to identify changes in HIV reservoirs after anti-HIV medications are stopped.
The interactions between HIV, ART, human sexual behavior, and the gut microbiome are complex and sorting out these interactions will be important to design future interventions.
The stability of the latent HIV-1 reservoir presents a challenge to virus eradication. A recent study focuses on examining this mechanism in viral persistence.
Tenofovir gel reduced the incidence of HIV infection by 61% in women with Lactobacillus-dominant vaginal flora but only 18% in women with non-Lactobacillus bacteria, according to a new study.
More Articles by Sara Gianella Weibel, MD
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Novel H pylori Eradication Therapy Effective in Phase 3 Trial
- Polymyxin B Hemoperfusion Does Not Change Mortality Rate in Septic Shock
- Pediatric ART Leads to Increasing Mitochondrial DNA Mutations
- New Four Drug Regimen Effective in Patients With HCV Who Inject Drugs
- Prior Influenza Vaccination Not Associated With Future Vaccine Efficacy in Children