Learn about drugs in the pipeline for treatment-resistant gonorrhea.
Polymerase chain reaction test has high sensitivity and specificity for vaginal swab samples.
A rise in anorectal lymphogranuloma venereum, caused by Chlamydia trachomatis invasive serovars, observed from 2012-2015 in NYC sexual health clinics.
Gepotidacin, a novel triazaacenaphthelene bacterial type II topoisomerase inhibitor shows potential in treating resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
The reverse screening algorithm identified more patients with syphilis than the traditional screening algorithm, but also showed more false positives.
Parents' concerns about sexuality and gender as reasons for lack of HPV vaccine initiation in their children decreased substantially from 2010 to 2016.
A seven-day dose of metronidazole is associated with a reduced likelihood of being Trichomonas vaginalis-positive at test-of-cure compared with single-dose treatment.
Bisexual females, 'not sure' males have higher prevalence of many sexual risk behaviors
Despite more than a century of clinical experience diagnosing and managing patients with syphilis, many clinical questions remain unanswered and are explored in a review of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Syphilis Summit.
Nearly 2.3 million cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis were diagnosed in the United States in 2017.
The prevalence of oral high-risk HPV infection in adult men and women is low in England.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Isavuconazole Not Noninferior to Caspofungin for Invasive Candida Infections
- Dundee Severity Classification Improves Management of Patients With Cellulitis
- Three New Ebola Vaccines Demonstrate Persistent Immune Response
- Pregnant Women Commonly Refuse Vaccines
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Death From Brain-Eating Amoeba
- Prenatal Malaria Exposure Modulates Innate Immune Responses at Birth
- Best Approach to Reduce Surgical Site Infections Before Colorectal Surgery
- A Single Triple-Drug Treatment for Lymphatic Filariasis
- Cyclosporiasis Cases Markedly Higher in 2018 Than Previous 2 Years
- Mail-Based HPV Testing May Increase Access