Learn about drugs in the pipeline for treatment-resistant gonorrhea.
The HR-HPV types covered by the nonavalent HPV vaccine had similar clearance rates to HR-HPV types not included, and women infected with multiple anogenital HR-HPV types had lower rates of clearance than women infected with only 1 type.
In the future, doxycycline post-exposure prophylaxis might become an effective addition to a combined intervention approach to reduce the high rate of STIs in PrEP users.
Adolescent consent may help minimize delays in vaccination and reduce the overall incidence of cervical, oropharyngeal, and anal cancers.
There were positive associations for TV infection prevalence with female sex, black race, older age, being below the poverty level, and having 2 or more sexual partners.
A bundled intervention including communication skills training and performance feedback may improve human papillomavirus vaccination.
For adolescents, a health care professional HPV vaccine communication intervention is associated with improved HPV vaccine series initiation and completion.
Behavioral interventions that include sexual risk reduction combined with alcohol- and cannabis-focused elements are effective in reducing STI incidence among adolescents.
The increasing prevalence of macrolide resistance underscores the need for research focused on identifying a safe and effective treatment for Mycoplasma genitalium.
CDC publishes the latest estimates of HSV-1, HSV-2 prevalence in the United States.
Young, asymptomatic, high-risk women in the United States have high rates of prevalent, incident, and persistent M genitalium infections, supporting the need for clinical trials to assess the effect of M genitalium screening programs on female reproductive health outcomes.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Generic HIV Medicines: Boon or Bust?
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- It Costs $2.2 Billion a Year to Treat Antibiotic Resistance
- Pregnancy May Be Independently Associated With Prolonged Detection of Zika Virus RNA
- Tricyclic Antidepressants May Reduce Cirrhosis Risk in Hepatitis C
- Clostridium difficile Infection in the Intensive Care Setting
- Combating Medically Important Antibiotic Use in Food-Producing Animals
- Religious Exemptions vs Mandatory Vaccinations: An Expert Perspective
- 2018 Vaccination Schedule: Adults
- Fingerstick Point-of-Care Test Allows for Single-Visit HCV Diagnoses
- Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir Highly Efficacious for HCV/HIV Coinfection
- Fluoroquinolone Use May Increase Risk for Aortic Aneurysm and Dissection
- Reduced Risk of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in DAA-Treated HCV Infection
- Paracetamol Overuse During Cold and Flu Season
- C difficile Risk Higher With Stoma Reversal vs Colectomy