Cutaneous manifestations may be the first indication of hepatitis C virus (HCV) and should prompt HCV testing. In most cases, ...
Slideshow looks at the leveraging the synergies among HIV, human papillomavirus, and cervical cancer to improve patient outcomes.
Skin disorders in patients with HIV are painful and disfiguring, making prompt recognition essential to ensure timely treatment and preserve ...
Data indicates the need for greater emphasis on linkage to care and retention in care in order to achieve the ...
Current evidence suggests probiotics may be beneficial for patients with HIV or AIDS, potentially alleviating HIV-related symptoms and/or delaying disease ...
In addition to an elevated risk for developing cardiovascular disease, alcohol consumption poses significant health risks in patients with HIV ...
Addressing HIV-related stigma, burden of disclosure, and privacy issues is key to optimizing care in patients with HIV.
Next-generation sequencing technologies promise to improve assessment of the human microbiome, potentially opening the door to a wider set of ...
In the United States and Europe, the risk of HIV transmission from mother to infant had declined to historically low ...
The CDC updated guidelines to the USSPR.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Generic HIV Medicines: Boon or Bust?
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- It Costs $2.2 Billion a Year to Treat Antibiotic Resistance
- Pregnancy May Be Independently Associated With Prolonged Detection of Zika Virus RNA
- Tricyclic Antidepressants May Reduce Cirrhosis Risk in Hepatitis C
- Clostridium difficile Infection in the Intensive Care Setting
- Combating Medically Important Antibiotic Use in Food-Producing Animals
- Religious Exemptions vs Mandatory Vaccinations: An Expert Perspective
- 2018 Vaccination Schedule: Adults
- Fingerstick Point-of-Care Test Allows for Single-Visit HCV Diagnoses
- Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir Highly Efficacious for HCV/HIV Coinfection
- Fluoroquinolone Use May Increase Risk for Aortic Aneurysm and Dissection
- Reduced Risk of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in DAA-Treated HCV Infection
- Paracetamol Overuse During Cold and Flu Season
- C difficile Risk Higher With Stoma Reversal vs Colectomy