Most Recent Articles by Steve Duffy
The ERADICATE Hp2 trial enrolled 455 dyspepsia patients at 55 sites across the US and randomized them to receive 4 capsules, 3 times daily, of either Talicia or the active comparator, for 14 days.
Since the first clinical observation of HIV/AIDS in 1981, some 35.4 million people have died from AIDS-related illnesses.
Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir 8-Week Regimen Evaluated in Treatment-Naïve HCV Patients With Compensated CirrhosisNov 19, 2018
In EXPEDITION-8, 280 treatment-naïve HCV patients (genotypes 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6) with compensated cirrhosis were treated with Mavyret for 8-weeks; the primary efficacy measure was SVR12 rate.
Two Phase 3 trials conducted in Asia and Latin America assessed the efficacy of the vaccine in >35,000 individuals aged 2 to 16 years.
As Xerava is a fully-synthetic fluorocycline antibacterial that is structurally similar to tetracyclines, treatment is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to tetracycline-class antibacterial drugs.
More Articles by Steve Duffy
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Novel H pylori Eradication Therapy Effective in Phase 3 Trial
- Polymyxin B Hemoperfusion Does Not Change Mortality Rate in Septic Shock
- New Four Drug Regimen Effective in Patients With HCV Who Inject Drugs
- Pediatric ART Leads to Increasing Mitochondrial DNA Mutations
- Prior Influenza Vaccination Not Associated With Future Vaccine Efficacy in Children