Expert perspective on management and treatment of acute urinary tract infections in postmenopausal women.
Treatment for cutaneous leishmaniasis caused by Leishmania braziliensis, using 15% paromomycin-Aquaphilic, was superior to a negative vehicle control.
The frequency of relapse-free cure from multidrug-resistant tuberculosis is higher than previously anticipated.
For children younger than 18 years, 4 months of rifampin to treat latent Mycobacterium tuberculosis had similar rates of safety and efficacy and higher rates of adherence compared with 9 months of isoniazid.
The most common findings in patients with Chagas cardiomyopathy include cardiac rhythm abnormalities, myocardial abnormalities, aneurysms, and thromboembolism.
To investigate what impact antibiotic treatment duration has on CAP outcomes, researchers from the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University conducted a search of various databases for studies comparing the safety and efficacy of treatment regimens lasting ≤6 days (short) and ≥7 days (long).
The labeling changes are based on a review of postmarketing adverse event reports found in the FDA Adverse Event Reporting System (FAERS) database and published medical literature.
Zemdri carries a Boxed Warning describing reports of nephrotoxicity, ototoxicity, and neuromuscular blockade, as well as fetal harm if administered during pregnancy.
The case involved a 68-year-old female patient with rheumatoid arthritis on methotrexate 10mg weekly who presented to the emergency department with complaints of lethargy and weakness after being prescribed a 2-week course of TS for a bacterial skin infection.
Moxidectin, a macrocyclic lactone, is an anthelmintic drug that selectively binds to the parasite's glutamate-gated chloride ion channels.
Brincidofovir is the Company's lead candidate, a nucleotide analog that has antiviral activity against variola virus, which causes smallpox.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Isavuconazole Not Noninferior to Caspofungin for Invasive Candida Infections
- Three New Ebola Vaccines Demonstrate Persistent Immune Response
- Dundee Severity Classification Improves Management of Patients With Cellulitis
- Pregnant Women Commonly Refuse Vaccines
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Death From Brain-Eating Amoeba
- Prenatal Malaria Exposure Modulates Innate Immune Responses at Birth
- Best Approach to Reduce Surgical Site Infections Before Colorectal Surgery
- A Single Triple-Drug Treatment for Lymphatic Filariasis
- Cyclosporiasis Cases Markedly Higher in 2018 Than Previous 2 Years
- Mail-Based HPV Testing May Increase Access