Investigators review results from the first study to assess the efficacy of a Vi-conjugate vaccine using a controlled human infection model of typhoid fever.
Researchers found that oral cholera vaccine efficacy was statistically significantly higher when administered to children 5 and older compared with children younger than 5, a difference that had been suspected but not conclusively demonstrated in previous trials.
Most drinking water-associated waterborne disease outbreaks and waterborne disease outbreaks associated with environmental or undetermined exposure to water are due to Legionella.
Report provides new recommendations and guidance for vaccination providers and travelers about the use of lyophilized CVD 103-HgR (Vaxchora, PaxVax, Redwood City, California).
The CDC is leading efforts to assist Haiti after Hurricane Matthew in examining damage to public health systems and provide support to affected Haitians.
Clinicians discussed their perspectives from the research during the 1976 outbreak.
Thousands may get sick every year with bacteria living in water pipes.
Agency looked at children's blood levels before, during, and after city's switch to local water.
In addition to increased incidence of elevated blood lead levels in children, two major clusters of Legionnaires' disease occurred since 2014 following a water switch, with 91 reported cases and 12 confirmed deaths to date.
When disinfectants combine with sweat, personal care products, urine, dangerous byproducts can form.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Generic HIV Medicines: Boon or Bust?
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- It Costs $2.2 Billion a Year to Treat Antibiotic Resistance
- Tricyclic Antidepressants May Reduce Cirrhosis Risk in Hepatitis C
- Pregnancy May Be Independently Associated With Prolonged Detection of Zika Virus RNA
- Clostridium difficile Infection in the Intensive Care Setting
- Combating Medically Important Antibiotic Use in Food-Producing Animals
- Religious Exemptions vs Mandatory Vaccinations: An Expert Perspective
- 2018 Vaccination Schedule: Adults
- Fingerstick Point-of-Care Test Allows for Single-Visit HCV Diagnoses
- Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir Highly Efficacious for HCV/HIV Coinfection
- Fluoroquinolone Use May Increase Risk for Aortic Aneurysm and Dissection
- Reduced Risk of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in DAA-Treated HCV Infection
- Paracetamol Overuse During Cold and Flu Season
- C difficile Risk Higher With Stoma Reversal vs Colectomy