Investigators review results from the first study to assess the efficacy of a Vi-conjugate vaccine using a controlled human infection model of typhoid fever.
Outbreaks with confirmed infectious etiology usually caused by Cryptosporidium, Legionella, Pseudomonas.
The World Health Organization recommends vaccination in cases of confirmed outbreaks of typhoid fever, although data on the use of vaccines in controlling outbreaks are very limited and research to assess the value of vaccination in these cases is strongly recommended.
Researchers found that oral cholera vaccine efficacy was statistically significantly higher when administered to children 5 and older compared with children younger than 5, a difference that had been suspected but not conclusively demonstrated in previous trials.
Most drinking water-associated waterborne disease outbreaks and waterborne disease outbreaks associated with environmental or undetermined exposure to water are due to Legionella.
Report provides new recommendations and guidance for vaccination providers and travelers about the use of lyophilized CVD 103-HgR (Vaxchora, PaxVax, Redwood City, California).
The CDC is leading efforts to assist Haiti after Hurricane Matthew in examining damage to public health systems and provide support to affected Haitians.
Clinicians discussed their perspectives from the research during the 1976 outbreak.
Thousands may get sick every year with bacteria living in water pipes.
Agency looked at children's blood levels before, during, and after city's switch to local water.
In addition to increased incidence of elevated blood lead levels in children, two major clusters of Legionnaires' disease occurred since 2014 following a water switch, with 91 reported cases and 12 confirmed deaths to date.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- The Misuse of Antibiotics in Acute Pancreatitis Appears Widespread
- ART Reduces Neurocognitive Impairment in Patients Living With HIV
- Tackling the Challenges Associated With Treating Hepatitis C Infection in Pediatric Patients
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Severity of Acute Respiratory Infections in Children Affected by Viral Etiology
- Antibiotic Prophylaxis Before Dental Procedures May Be Unnecessary
- Penicillin Allergies: Commonly Reported but Rarely Accurate
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatments
- Oral Ciprofloxacin Effective in Treatment for Bacteremia
- Need for Adequate Screening for Infants With HCV Infected Mothers During Pregnancy
- Patient Develops Glandular Tularemia After Taking Care of Sick Cat
- Internet-Based Intervention Can Reduce Depression in People Living With HIV
- Prophylaxis With TMP-SMX Did Not Alter Risk for Non-UTI Infections
- Low Recurrence With Shortened IV Abx Course in GBS Bacteremia
- Renal-Replacement Timing Has No Effect in Kidney Injury, Sepsis